With a view to the creation of conditions of stability and well-being which are necessary for peaceful and friendly relations among nations based on respect for the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples, the Renewed United Nations shall promote:
- higher standards of living, full employment, and conditions of economic and social progress and development by establishing the renewed system structures described in Article 1;
- solutions of international economic, social, health, and related problems; and international cultural and educational co-operation;
- universal respect for, and observance of human rights and fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language, ownership structures or religion.
All members pledge themselves to take joint and separate action in co-operation with the Organisation for the achievement of the purposes set forth in Articles 1 and 55.
(1) The various specialised agencies, established by intergovernmental agreement and having wide international responsibilities, as defined in their basic instruments, in economic, social, cultural, educational, health, and related fields, shall be brought into relationship with the Renewed United Nations in accordance with the provisions of Article 63.
(2) Such agencies thus brought into relationship with the Renewed United Nations are hereinafter referred to as renewal organisations.
The Organisation shall make recommendations for the co-ordination of the policies and activities of the renewal organisations.
The Organisation shall, where appropriate, initiate negotiations among the states concerned for the creation of any new renewal organisations required for the accomplishment of the purposes set forth in Articles 1 and 55.
Responsibility for the discharge of the functions of the Organisation set forth in this chapter shall be vested in the Governing Council and the General Assembly and, under their authority, in the Economic and Social Council, which shall have for this purpose the powers set forth in Chapter X.